View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Red Star Racway 

Post Re: Red Star Raceway
Topboss wrote:
That's more realistic, thanks for the correction :) hope your leave was great!

That'll teach me to lend out my ears! :twisted: :lol:

Leave was great thanx! ;) And yours?

.....degrees from vertical.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 am

Post Re: Red Star Raceway
Not to bad, I took time this holiday to do nothing, for a change :lol: :lol: as some would say....I did The Garden Route :D

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Red Star Racway
Latest update -->

Dave Purchase wrote:
Don`t know if this will be of any interest to the racing group but I visited the RSR track on Saturday afternoon to check it out with Alex De Rapper of Holeshot. This is the one presently being built alongside the N12 a little past Delmas on the way to Witbank.

There are 2 tracks in 1 being built; one a short circuit @ 2.1km and the main track is 4km long. The tracks can be ridden clockwise and anticlockwise. There are 3 straights on the long track. The pit straight is the same length as Phakisa pit straight. The 2nd longest straight is the same length as Phakisa back straight and the longest straight is 100m short of the midvaal back straight and runs alongside the main freeway. Motorists are going to be crashing cars looking at the bikes fly up that straight! Actually not because there has to be a grass embankment between the track and freeway, per municipal requirements. The track has "s" bends and loops, fast turns and fast straights - a bit of everything and is built on a slope.

We drove around most of the track and they are this week laying the last part of the red sand surface which will then be compacted before tarring. Tarring will commence early June and it requires one month to harden. They are expecting to open the track towards the end of August.

Much effort has been spent on preparing an entertainment area for non riders and kids. There is a gaming room, swimming pool with change rooms and a large play ground, all fenced in. They are also building a bike shop to do on site repairs and services and they are also building a number of 3m x 3m lockable units behind the pits which riders can rent and store their bikes, kit etc so that they don`t have to cart everything each time they go to the track.

There are 2 x executive pits, each will have an ensuite room for relaxation etc. There will be 12 open pits, much the same as at Zwartkops and a classroom at the end of these pits.

The Track would have been opened already but has been delayed since inception because, when they laid out the track, they came across 8 springs, each of which has had to be re-channeled with underground piping etc at big expense. The biggest spring has cost over R250,000 to sort out. The total cost of the track and facilities will be in the region of R20,000,000.

I can`t wait to get my bike around the track.

Cheers

Dave Purchase

Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 am

From BikeSA -->

Morning everybody i am Johnathan that will head up new new Race shop that is opening in September 2010.
Just a teaser for you ,we will have a full dealer ship on the premises that will have new bikes , used bikes, parts, accessory, and a workshop.
On the grounds we have the race track that is 4.2 km and the drag strip that will accommodate cars and bikes ,the track is for bikes only (sorry 4 wheelers)
We will have three different cantians and a bar ,a playroom for the kids that will have professional lady's looking after the young ons,the room will be incorporated with a big screen tv , PlayStation for them and a coloring area as well .
We have a pool under palms for the lady's.
After a long day of riding you can relax next to our build in braais(there will be braai packs and charcoal for sale).
We have medics on site all day .
We have a two pits that is fully ,shower,toilet,table , chairs,tv,and couch and the pit so you will have two pits for your self to relax in but it will be first come fist serve and there is a rental for the day cost will be later published
Please feel free to contact ,me on 076-633-2712 or email me on inforsr@telkomsa.net or vist us on www.redstarraceway.co.za.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:10 am

Jono.........

Has the tar been laid yet? :roll:

How long before the track is opening? :mrgreen:

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm